It has been a crazy week. Lots of running around and a little bit of garden work planting peas, lettuce and spinach. My husband has a difficult time thinking about the garden much before Memorial Day, but I have had a real yen this year for those cool weather crops, so Ollie and I went out and braved the garden ourselves. It's a good thing the plastic was already down so we could just go ahead and plant, otherwise there would have been no way I could have accomplished this myself, but 2 years ago we split our large garden space into thirds, covered it all and have just used a third of the space at a time. Next year I might not be as lucky with being able to get things in early.
I did get a couple of card techniques done on the Online Card class. This one involved embossing and then ironing off the embossing after putting some inks (I used distress inks) on the non-embossed section. The purpose was to take the shiny embossing off after it resists the watercolor. I like how things turned out, but it was a real pain to get the embossing all ironed off. For the guy version I masked off the greeting part and put a wash of water color on the paper. Didn't emboss it at all like on the white card. Much less work to get only the greeing embossing off.
The next one was masking off stripes and inking on a plaid pattern. Again, I used distress inks. Much easier and a lot more fun. Liked this one a lot.